Evaluation of your thesis
Be sure to ask your supervisor which criteria she or he uses to evaluate a master's thesis. These criteria may differ from institute to institute. Check the e-Prospectus of your Master's Programme for more information.
In evaluating a master's thesis, attention is often paid to the following criteria (check with your supervisor for more detailed information):
- The clarity of the research question, the precision of the data analysis and the controllability of the data;
- The theoretical discussion gives a good overview and the research data fit in this discussion;
- The discussion is clearly argued and the conclusions give answers to the research question;
- The layout and care with which the thesis has been written;
- The level of the master's thesis: has the student shown sufficient scientific knowledge and insight.